At Least One Killed in Prunedale Car Accident on State Highway 156 at Oak Hills Drive
Prunedale, California (May 11, 2020) – At least one person died in a traffic accident Saturday night in Prunedale, Monterey County.
According to California Highway Patrol, the fatal crash happened at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday, May 9, on State Highway 156 at Oak Hills Drive.
The CHP said a car collided with semi-truck on the highway for unknown reasons.
At least one person was killed in the wreck. The name of the victim has not been disclosed pending notification of family.
No other injuries were reported.
A Sig-alert was issued following the wreck, the CHP said.
The accident remains under investigation.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.