Shor Xiong Among 4 Killed in Fresno County Car Accident on Millerton Road Near Bellagio Road
Fresno County, California (March 15, 2020) – Shor Xiong, 60, of Fresno, was among four people killed early Friday morning in a head-on crash near Millerton Lake in Fresno County.
The deadly accident happened at about 1:30 a.m. Friday, March 13 on Millerton Road, just south of Bellagio Road.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a 1995 Nissan pickup truck was traveling northbound on Millerton Road when, for unknown reasons, the Nissan crossed over double-yellow lines into the southbound lane and collided head-on with a 1998 Toyota Camry.
Xiong and two other women, who were in the back seat of the Toyota, were pronounced dead at the scene. The Nissan driver also died at the crash site.
The driver of the Toyota was airlifted to Community Regional Medical Center with major injuries and his right-front male passenger was taken by land ambulance to CRMC in serious condition. According to the CHP, all parties were wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the accident.
The accident remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call the Fresno CHP information officer at 559-705-2200.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.