1 Killed, 2 Injured in Oxnard Car Crash at North Rose Avenue and Central Avenue
Oxnard, California (March 4, 2020) – Authorities are investigating a Tuesday afternoon crash involving three vehicles that left one person killed and other two parties injured in Oxnard.
The fatal accident occurred in the area of North Rose Avenue and Central Avenue, at about 3:20 p.m., on March 3.
The California Highway Patrol said a maroon Ford SUV, a black truck and a gold car crashed on the avenue for unknown reasons.
Following the collision, the Ford rolled over while the gold car caught fire.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene while two others were taken to Ventura County Medical Center for treatment.
The northbound lane of North Rose Avenue was closed due to the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights