Rider Killed after Moreno Valley Motorcycle Crash on Interstate 215 near Cactus Avenue
Moreno Valley, California (March 11, 2020) – A motorcyclist was struck and killed by a car on Tuesday night in the area of Moreno Valley, according to a California Highway Patrol report.
The deadly crash occurred on Interstate 215 near Cactus Avenue at around 9:30 p.m. March 10.
As per the dispatch, a motorcycle and a Toyota Highlander were involved in the collision. The motorcyclist was ejected from the motorbike after the crash.
Emergency crews along with medical personnel arrived at the crash site and declared the motorcyclist dead.
Officials said that no other person was hurt in the accident.
To give way to an on-scene investigation, authorities closed all northbound lanes of the freeway near Alessandro Boulevard.
The incident remains under investigation.
“Far too many motorcycle collisions are caused by the carelessness or recklessness of other motorists. Sadly, when this occurs, motorcyclists are the ones who tend to suffer the vast majority of injuries”, according to Arin Khodaverdian, Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group. Under California’s rule of comparative negligence, a victim may be able to collect compensation for injuries and other damages even if you were partly at fault for the accident.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights