Minor Injuries Reported in Los Angeles Car Crash on 5 Freeway near Parker Road
Los Angeles, California (March 19, 2020) – Minor injuries were sustained after a two-vehicle crash on Tuesday night in Los Angeles, according to a California Highway Patrol dispatch.
The collision happened on northbound 5 Freeway, just south of Parker Road, at about 10:27 p.m. March 17.
As per the report, two cars were involved in the accident.
Responding firefighters along with medical personnel attended to the crash victims. It was not immediately known how many persons were injured in the collision.
The vehicles were towed away from the scene.
All the lanes were closed as a result of the collision.
Further details regarding this collision were not released.
The incident remains under investigation.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision clearly. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights