Major Injuries Reported in San Francisco Accident on Highway 101 near Paul Avenue
San Francisco, California (March 25, 2020) – Authorities are investigating a major traffic collision that happened on Tuesday afternoon in San Francisco.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, two vehicles crashed on southbound Highway 101, just north of Paul Avenue.
Responding firefighters arrived at the crash site a while after 2:24 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
An unknown number of persons were reportedly treated for severe injuries. It was unclear if the patients were transported to the hospital for further treatment.
The vehicles were towed away from the scene.
Authorities believed that speed contributed to the crash.
Further details concerning this collision were not released.
The incident remains under investigation.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights