Laura Christian ID'd as Woman Killed in Oxnard Car Accident at North Rose Avenue and Central Avenue; Zachary Archuletadiaz Arrested
Oxnard, California (March 11, 2020) – The woman who was killed in a two-car crash last week on Tuesday has been identified as Laura Christian, 67, of Ventura, according to authorities.
The fatal crash occurred at about 3:25 p.m., on March 3, on North Rose Avenue near Central Avenue in the unincorporated area of El Rio.
A Ford Freestyle was traveling southbound on North Rose Avenue when, for unknown reasons, it crossed the center median and started traveling the wrong way. At the same time, a Lexus ES300 driven by Christian was heading northbound. The two cars finally collided head-on, according to the police.
Christian died at the scene as a result of the accident.
A passenger in the Lexus, only identified as a 68-year-old man, was taken to Ventura County Medical Center with significant injuries.
Zachary Archuletadiaz, 21, of Port Hueneme, the Ford driver, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. He was later released on bail and transported to Ventura County Medical Center with severe injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, Mr. Arin Khodaverdian believes that car accident claims are rarely straightforward regardless of the circumstances involved. “Liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim and it is crucial, therefore, to have an experienced attorney on your side,” He said.