Ismael Arrenaviz Killed in Bakersfield Bicycle Crash at Union Avenue and Columbus Street
Bakersfield, California (March 12, 2020) – Ismael Arrenaviz has been identified as the bicyclist who was fatally struck by a car at an intersection in Bakersfield on Tuesday morning.
The California Highway Patrol said the deadly collision happened at about 11:41 a.m. March 10, at the intersection of Union Avenue and Columbus Street.
Bakersfield Police Department said a driver was traveling westbound on Columbus Street when he allegedly fell asleep.
The driver woke up and made a sudden turning movement ad hit Arrenaviz who was stopped at the intersection.
The driver of the car was unhurt and was not arrested.
No additional information was provided.
The authorities are investigating the cause of the accident.
Wrongful death and personal injury attorney Arin Khodaverdian, President and Managing Partner of Alpine Law Group, urges accident victims and their families to immediately seek legal assistance. “Those who are affected by the tragedy have rights, but they must act quickly in order to preserve those rights to the full extent of the law. Often, swift action by an experienced attorney is imperative in order to preserve evidence, interview witnesses and immediately begin pursuing any and all responsible parties.”
While Mr. Khodaverdian does not represent any of the parties involved in this incident, he has recovered over $100 million for thousands of injury victims and their families. “In one case, we were able to recover a 7-figure settlement within 11 business days of being hired by the family of a victim killed by a negligent driver. While this result is atypical and does not predict future outcomes, justice, in this case, helps bring about closure and a swift sense of justice for the family.”
Mr. Khodaverdian is personally available for free consultations 24/7 by calling 800-984-4123.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.