MTA Bus and Semi-Tractor Trailer Involved in Santa Fe Springs Crash on Interstate 605 Freeway
Santa Fe Springs, California (March 25, 2020) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a traffic accident that took place on the Interstate 605 Freeway in Santa Fe Springs at around 5:43 a.m. Wednesday morning.
According to a local news source, an unspecified number of victims were injured after a grey Ford Crown Victoria bus collided with a semi-tractor trailer truck on the highway near the Interstate 5 Freeway connection Wednesday morning.
The Downey Fire Department responded at the crash site and rendered aid to all injured parties including at least one person riding in the bus.
The unidentified patients were then transported to a local hospital by paramedics for further treatment.
Officials said the bus was blocking the HOV lane after the wreck and required a tow truck to remove it from the scene of the accident.
The crash remains under an active investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.