Saturn Sedan and Harley Davidson Motorcycle Involved in Victorville Crash on Amargosa Road
Victorville, California (June 22, 2020) – Authorities are investigating the cause of a traffic collision involving a blue Harley Davidson motorcycle and a four-door burgundy Saturn sedan in Victorville at about 8:45 p.m. on June 20.
The circumstances that led to the collision on Amargosa Road, north of Roy Rogers Drive Saturday night were not immediately established at the time of the report.
Due to the impact, the motorcyclist and the bike were found on the northbound lanes of the roadway by first responders. The windshield of the sedan was also damaged following the mishap.
Officials said the rider was rushed to Victor Valley Global Medical Center before being airlifted to a trauma center.
The sedan operator, a female party, remained at the scene and cooperated with the law.
Meanwhile, a tow truck was requested to remove the motorcycle away from the crash site.
The wreck resulted in the closure of Amargosa Road in both directions for an unknown time.
The accident remains under investigation. Anyone with information regarding the mishap is urged to call 760-241-2911.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.