Tom Fawcett Killed, Antonio Bolano Arrested after San Jose Bicycle Accident on Guadalupe River Trail near Tasman Drive
San Jose, California (June 6, 2020) – Tom Fawcett, 61, has been identified as the man who was killed in a bicycle crash that also left a 59-year-old woman nursing injuries on Thursday evening in San Jose, according to police.
The crash happened on the Guadalupe River Trail, directly under the Tasman Bridge, at about 4:56 p.m., on June 4.
Fawcett and his companion, the 59-year-old woman, were cycling northbound on the roadway. For unknown reasons, they were allegedly struck by Antonio Bolano, 27, of San Jose, who was also cycling, according to the authorities.
Fawcett was taken to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. The 59-year-old woman sustained non-life threatening injuries and was hospitalized for treatment.
Bolano fled the scene immediately after the collision but was located and arrested on Friday.
Bolano was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries. He will be booked into Santa Clara County Jail for felony hit-and-run and manslaughter after he is discharged from the hospital.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the police at (408) 277-4654. To remain anonymous, call crime stoppers at 408-947-STOP (7867).
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary to clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.