Chevrolet Sedan and Lexus Involved in Carmichael Crash on Fair Oaks Boulevard at Hollister Avenue
Carmichael, California (June 5, 2020) – According to a report by the California Highway Patrol, a two-vehicle collision at an intersection in Carmichael Friday afternoon resulted in serious injuries.
As per the dispatch, one unidentified person suffered serious injuries after a silver Chevrolet sedan crashed with a black Lexus driven by a 30-year-old white male adult near the 8633 block of Fair Oaks Boulevard at Hollister Avenue at about 5:07 p.m.
All involved parties were attended to by Sacramento firefighters who responded at the scene shortly after the mishap.
The Lexus driver did not stop after the wreck. The man, who possibly sustained a head injury, reportedly hid at the Hamptons Apartment Complex on Stella Lane
More details regarding the accident will be released immediately after the completion of the investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.