Rafael Flores ID’d as Driver Killed in Montebello Truck Accident on Rosemead Boulevard near San Gabriel Boulevard
Montebello, California (February 24, 2020) – The driver who was killed early Sunday morning in a head-on crash in the Montebello area of Los Angeles County has been identified as a 27-year-old Baldwin Park man.
Rafael Flores died in the accident that occurred shortly after 12:20 a.m. Sunday, February 23 on Rosemead Boulevard, just south of San Gabriel Boulevard.
According to the California Highway Patrol, Flores was driving a black Honda sedan northbound on Rosemead Boulevard at a high rate of speed when he lost control of the vehicle and drifted into the southbound lanes, where it collided head-on with a big rig.
Flores and his male passenger were both ejected from the vehicle upon the impact.
Flores was pronounced dead at the scene while the passenger was transported to a nearby hospital in critical condition.
The CHP said the operator of the truck was not injured.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in the accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle's hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
- After leaving the accident scene,
Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Truck accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.