Morena Alvarado-Lopez Killed, Juan Bahena Seriously Hurt in Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident on Sunset Boulevard and White Knoll Drive
Los Angeles, California (February 25, 2020) – One person was killed and one other injured after an auto-pedestrian crash on Monday afternoon in Los Angeles, according to police.
At about 1:00 a.m., February 24, the police responded to a crash involving two pedestrians and a vehicle in the area of Sunset Boulevard and White Knoll Drive.
The police said Morena Del Carmen Alvarado-Lopez, 58, and her husband Juan Bahena, 71, were walking north on the roadway near the Club Bahia when they were struck by a vehicle which eventually dragged them for about 50 feet before they became dislodged.
Following the accident, responding emergency crews transported Alvarado-Lopez to County USC Medical Center where she later died. Bahena was also hospitalized at the hospital with serious injuries.
The driver involved in the crash did not stop but fled the scene. The suspect car was described as a burgundy or red 4-door passenger vehicle with possible front-end damage.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights