At Least 1 Hurt in Los Angeles Crash on Highway 134 near Victory Boulevard
Los Angeles, California (February 29, 2020) – Authorities are investigating a minor injury crash that happened on Friday night in the area of Los Angeles.
According to the California Highway Patrol, two vehicles collided on Highway 134, just east of Victory Boulevard at around 7:46 p.m. Friday, February 28.
Responding firefighters along with medical personnel rendered aid to at least one person who suffered minor injuries in the crash. The name of the patient and their current condition were not immediately provided.
Tow trucks were requested to remove the vehicles from the crash site.
No additional information regarding this crash was provided.
An investigation is underway.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.