1 Hurt in Sacramento Crash on 80 Freeway near Norwood Avenue
Sacramento, California (February 26, 2020) – Authorities are investigating a minor injury two-vehicle crash that left one person with minor injuries on Tuesday morning in Sacramento, according to authorities.
The collision occurred on westbound 80 Freeway, just east of Norwood Avenue at about 9:16 a.m. Tuesday, February 25.
The California Highway Patrol officials said two vehicles were involved in the collision.
Emergency crews along with medical personnel rendered aid to one person hurt in the collision. The name of the injured party and their current condition were not provided.
Further details concerning this collision were released.
The incident remains under investigation.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
“Car accident claims are rarely straightforward regardless of the involved circumstances”, says Mr. Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group. He further said that “Liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim and it is crucial, therefore, to have an experienced attorney on your side”.