At Least 1 Seriously Hurt after North Sacramento Accident on 80 Freeway near 5 Freeway
North Sacramento, California (February 27, 2020) – A major injury traffic collision involving two vehicles collided on Wednesday afternoon in North Sacramento, according to a CHP report.
The collision was reported on 80 Freeway, just west of 5 Freeway, Wednesday, February 26.
As per the dispatch, two cars were involved for unknown reasons.
Responding firefighters along with medical personnel rendered aid to at least one person seriously hurt in the accident. The injured party was taken to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. The name patient and their current condition were not immediately provided.
The vehicles were towed away from the scene.
Further details concerning this collision were not released.
An investigation is underway.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, Mr. Arin Khodaverdian believes that car accident claims are rarely straightforward regardless of the circumstances involved. “Liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim and it is crucial, therefore, to have an experienced attorney on your side,” He said.