Juan Recendez Dies after Irwindale Big Rig Accident on San Gabriel River Freeway
Irwindale, California (February 27, 2020) - Juan Carlos Recendez, 23, of Baldwin Park, was killed in a big rig crash on Wednesday morning in Irwindale, according to police.
At about 2:10 a.m. February 26, on the northbound San Gabriel River (605) Freeway near Lower Azusa Road, a 2016 Mazda 6 collided with a big rig.
The police said the 2016 Mazda 6 driven by Recendez, rear-ended the big rig, for unknown reasons. The Mazda overturned following the collision.
Recendez was pronounced dead at the scene.
The big rig driver was unharmed in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, Mr. Arin Khodaverdian believes that car accident claims are rarely straightforward regardless of the circumstances involved. “Liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim and it is crucial, therefore, to have an experienced attorney on your side,” He said.