Francisca Solis Killed in Yorba Linda Car Accident on 91 Freeway
Yorba Linda, California (February 24, 2020) – The Orange County coroner’s office has identified Francisca Solis, 91, a resident of Anaheim, as one the two persons killed on Sunday morning two-vehicle accident in Yorba Linda.
At about 3:25 a.m., two vehicles reportedly collided on 91 Freeway, east of the 91/241 Toll Road interchange. One of the vehicles appeared to have stopped on the roadway prior to the crash. A car involved in the crash was left smoking after the collision.
Francisca, a resident of Anaheim, and a 70-year-old from Selma were airlifted to UCI Medical Center. They were later pronounced dead minutes apart at the hospital.
More information describing how the accident occurred were not available. It was also not determined if the two victims involved in the crash were related to one another.
As a result of the accident, the roadway was closed by the police and reopened early Sunday morning.
An investigation is underway.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights