Toddler Injured in Santa Barbara Car Accident on Olive Street
Santa Barbara, California (February 18, 2020) – A toddler was pinned between two cars and was left with injuries on Sunday afternoon in Santa Barbara, according to a local news source.
At about 2:25 p.m. February 16, emergency crews responded to the crash at a residence in the 1800 block of Olive Street involving a child and two other cars.
An old model car accidentally slipped into gear as it was being worked on by one of the residents. The vintage car lurched out of the garage and finally pinned a toddler against a Parked SUV in the driveway, said the police
The child suffered moderate injuries and was transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital for treatment.
More information about the crash was not available.
An investigation is underway.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.