Woman Critically Hurt after Cajon Pass Car Accident on 15 Freeway near Cleghorn Road
Cajon Pass, California (February 21, 2020) – Authorities are investigating a major truck collision that left a woman with severe injuries on Thursday morning in Cajon Pass.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a white Chevy pickup truck and other vehicles collided for unknown reasons. The impact caused the Chevy to fall about 50 feet down the side of the mountain where it overturned.
Officials said that Good Samaritans stopped at the scene, on northbound 15 Freeway a while after 11:55 a.m. The Good Samaritans freed a woman from the Chevy. The female patient reportedly suffered serious major injuries.
A man riding in the truck rescued himself from the truck following the crash.
Authorities said that one of the cars came to a rest in the median and was facing the wrong way following the crash.
No other details concerning this collision were released.
An investigation is underway.
Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, Mr. Arin Khodaverdian believes that car accident claims are rarely straightforward regardless of the circumstances involved. “Liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim and it is crucial, therefore, to have an experienced attorney on your side,” He said.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights