One Seriously Injured in Lincoln Bicycle Crash near Joiner Parkway
Lincoln, California (February 26, 2020) – A bicyclist was seriously injured after a car hit them on Monday in Lincoln, according to officials.
At an unknown time on Monday, February 24, a Cadillac SUV struck a bicyclist and drove off with the cyclist stuck on the roof.
The car continued traveling for about a quarter-mile before a Good Samaritan stopped it by merging into the roadway along Joiner Parkway, blocking the car in the process, according to authorities.
Following the accident, the bicyclist was hospitalized with significant injuries.
The car involved was cracked on the windshield and had a dented front end.
More details about the cash were not available.
The crash remains under investigation.
“Far too many bicycle accidents are caused by the carelessness or recklessness of other motorists. Sadly, when this occurs, bicyclists are the ones who tend to suffer the vast majority of injuries”, according to Arin Khodaverdian, Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group. Under California’s rule of comparative negligence, a victim may be able to collect compensation for injuries and other damages even if you were partly at fault for the accident.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights