One Injured in Rancho Cordova Car Accident on Highway 50 near Hazel Avenue Off-Ramp
Rancho Cordova, California (February 21, 2020) – One person was injured Thursday in a multi-vehicle crash in Rancho Cordova, according to a local news source.
The accident happened on Thursday, February 20 on Highway 50 near the Hazel Avenue off-ramp.
Authorities said three vehicles collided on eastbound Highway 50 for unknown reasons. The force of the impact caused one of the involved vehicles to roll over.
Firefighters along with the paramedics responded to the scene and treated one person who was injured in the crash.
No other details about the accident were immediately provided.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
What to Do at the Accident Scene after Crash
- Always remain at the scene, relax and don’t panic.
- Check if you, your passengers or any other party have injuries and then call an ambulance.
- Call the police to document the incident
- Take photos of the crash scene
- If involved in a minor crash, move the car to the side of the roadway and turn on its hazard lights
- Collect details regarding the accident from the witnesses
- Don’t sign any documents unless it is from the authorities
- Wait for the police to arrive before you can leave the accident scene
What to Do After Leaving the Accident Scene
- Contact your insurance company and inform them about the crash
- Collect a police report
- Keep records of your physical injuries and mental condition
- Get a property damage evaluation
- Before providing any statements to the other motorist or his or her insurance company, seek a personal injury attorney to advise you legally and protect your rights
According to Arin Khodaverdian, the Managing Partner and CEO Alpine Law Group, a separate investigation by an experienced attorney is necessary so as clearly uncover the circumstances surrounding the collision. “An attorney will also help the victim to navigate all the legal processes in pursuit of fair compensation and justice. Car accident claims are rarely straightforward, and, regardless of the circumstances involved, liable insurance companies will often do everything possible to limit their out-of-pocket expenses by either devaluing or outright denying your claim. It is crucial, therefore, that you have an experienced attorney on your side,” said Arin.